This is a year of positivity and execution. Only letting beautiful spirits in my space. To do this we need to understand our company and what a friend is.
A friend is someone that has been or wants to be around you and know you. Inquires about you. If it’s your word against another, they won’t question you, they know your character as a person and can know how you would respond or act in a situation without even being there. They don’t always smile in your face but, are there for you in your different phases of life. Someone that isn’t just waiting for you to be there for them but will be there for you even in the tough times. They see you for you and are there when you need them to remind you of who you are, often before you realize you need it.
This year I’m going to do some gardening in my yard and in my life. Time to pick out the weeds and keep the flowers (those that reciprocate and care).
How will you know:
- If you are always calling them…you’re not friends, you’re their friend
- If you aren’t able to get a word in…you’re not friends, you’re their therapist
- If they’ve never come to your house or you’ve never been to their house…not friends, you’re an acquaintance
- If they don’t know if you have siblings or anything about your immediate family…not friends, you’re their groupie.
- If they only call you when they have no one else to go out with, you’re not friends, your a fallback plan or a designated driver.
- If they haven’t talked to you in the last year…you’re not friends, you’re someone they use to know.
- If they’ve never prayed for you or with you…you’re not friends, you’re an after thought
- If they don’t wish you a Happy Birthday…you’re not friends, you’re just cool.
- If they have a major life event (wedding, children, divorce, deaths etc) and you find out on social media…you’re not friends, you’re stalking them on social media.
- If they laugh or cringe when someone compares them with you…you’re not friends, you’re frenemies.
- If you see them and they act like they didn’t see you…you’re not friends, you’re trying too hard.
Know the company you keep.
Got anymore? Post below…